Staci Sikora DDS & Associates is now offering BOTOX® for the treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder and/or to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
It will be administered by Dr. Benjamin Joseph. Dr. Joseph has many years of experience as a Dentist and injection specialist. Dr. Joseph has completed continuing education and advanced injection training for BOTOX®.
BOTOX® Procedure at Staci Sikora DDS & Associates
- During your initial consultation appointment, Dr. Joseph will first establish whether the treatment is suitable for you. For example, BOTOX® is not recommended if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have an allergy.
- Dr. Joseph will discuss any areas of concern, identify the specific injection points, and determine the recommended dosage.
- Dr. Joseph will prepare the treatment and directly inject the designated points with a small needle.
- A follow-up appointment may be needed to administer any touch-ups. We are always just a phone call away if you have any questions after your procedure.
The Benefits of BOTOX®
The reduction of:
- fine lines and wrinkles
- TMJ pain
- muscle tension related to teeth grinding
- sweat production
An increase in:
- collagen production
BOTOX® is an FDA-approved drug made from the bacterial toxin botulin. The substance has been harnessed for both medical and aesthetic benefits.
The needle used for BOTOX® is very small and thin. It should hurt much less than getting a flu shot. If necessary, Dr. Joseph can give you an ice pack and numbing cream to reduce your discomfort.
Depending on your desired results, Dr. Joseph will recommend the best dosage for you. Typically, you will need between 20-60 units per area.
BOTOX® is charged by the unit. Typically, the cost per unit in Chicago is $10-20* per unit. Depending on your desired results, Dr. Joseph will recommend the best dosage for you.
Patients should sign up with Allergan Aesthetics’ rewards program Allē (alle.com) to earn discounts and savings on their BOTOX® treatment.
* Price per unit is subject to change. Please call the office to confirm pricing.
BOTOX® takes between five and seven days to start seeing results and up to two weeks to see the full results. We recommend waiting a minimum of two weeks for any adjustments or touch-ups.
BOTOX® does not require any downtime for most activities. The injection sites may appear red initially, but that will go away within a few hours.
However, we do make the following recommendations to keep the BOTOX® from moving to areas where it was not injected and reduce the potential for bruising.
No rubbing or massaging of the injected area for at least four hours after treatment, including facials. No strenuous exercise for 24 hours after treatment. Keep upright for four hours.